Have you ever dreamed of quitting your day job and making a good living from your book business? I know what you are thinking. Didn’t he start out his last podcast with this question? You are correct, but today I have a different indie author that was able to do this with his writing.
My guest on the show today is Zach Bohannon. Zach is a best-selling author who writes post-apocalyptic science fiction, horror, and thrillers. In addition to writing fiction, Zach is a book editor and writing coach. With J. Thorn, he hosts unique writing retreats and events all over the United States. He hosts two podcasts: Writers, Ink alongside J. Thorn and J.D. Barker where they talk to the biggest names in publishing, and the Creator Dad Podcast, where he has conversations with fellow creatives and entrepreneurs about balancing the responsibilities of life with their creative endeavors.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How a drummer for a heavy metal band became a full-time author.
· Podcasting, Writers Ink, and The Creative Dad Podcasts and how they and other podcasts he has been involved in have changed his life and business.
· Who should start their own podcast and be a guest on one.
· The benefits and drawbacks of co-writing books.
· How he and three other powerhouse authors wrote a book on a train and how that experience changed his life forever.
· The benefits and what genres work best, or not best, for writing in a series.
· The advantages and disadvantages of having your first book be a breakout success.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Check out Zach's website!
Listen to Zach on the Writers Ink and Creator Dad Podcasts.
Check out the Creator Dad episode with me :-)
Check out the Career Author.
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group