How would you like to have a six-figure author career in a little over two years?
In today’s episode, I chat with best-selling indie superstar author Jodi Burnett, and we discuss how she did exactly that. After listening to this interview, you will believe that you, too, can be a successful indie author.
Jodi treats her author career as a business, and that is paying dividends for her. With a love of telling stories, educating herself with courses geared for self-published authors, paying attention to all the little details, a bunch of life experiences that have taken her all over the globe, and the love and encouragement from her husband and children, there is nothing stopping this rising star.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How Jodi’s love of telling stories and reading set her up for future success as an author.
· It’s never too late to start your author career.
· How she incorporated her experience as a Therapeutic Riding Instructor for children with Cerebral Palsy and Traumatic Brain Injury and equine-assisted growth and learning experiences for at-risk teens and teen moms into her books.
· How she incorporates police K-9’s into her stories and the research that was needed to craft these awesome stories.
· Jodi’s tips and tricks that have enabled her to climb to a six-figure author career in a little over two years.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Jodi at her website!
Check out Jodi's Amazon Author Page.
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Do you want to write crime stories that are accurate and believable, but lack first-hand experience in law enforcement?
Join Cop Camp, the Cops and Writers Interactive Conference, and experience what real police officers and detectives do through hands-on activities this June 1st – the 4th at the Fox Valley police academy in Appleton, Wisconsin. Register now at premeditatedfiction.com/copcamp2023 and take your crime writing to the next level.
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27Support the show