Today is the conclusion of a special two-part interview with “The Legend” Frank Shamrock. Frank grew up in an abusive household and turned to criminality to get out of that horrible situation. He was charged with over twenty felonies and spent most of his teen years in and out of jail and eventually wound up in prison for three and a half years. When he got out of prison, he decided it was time for him to turn his life around using martial arts as his catalyst.
Frank “The Legend” Shamrock was the 1st to hold the UFC Middleweight Championship and retired as the 4-time defending undefeated champion and the #1 ranked UFC fighter in the world during his reign. He was named "Fighter of the Decade" for the 1990s & holds the world record for the fastest knockout (14 seconds).
A former criminal who became a champion, Frank Shamrock's journey and lessons can inspire anyone, whether you’re a fighter or not.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· Learning process of plus, minus, equal.
· How he got into the UFC and MMA.
· How Frank won every title in UFC!
· The surprising way Frank prepared for a fight and how he uses this method now to prepare for important situations.
· We talk about Mike Tyson’s quote, “Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face.”
· The incredible popularity of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
· The Warrior Code.
· Jeet Kune Do and how he used this martial art developed by the legendary Bruce Lee.
· Why as a society we are so fascinated with violence and pay to watch people fight?
Visit Frank's website!
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27
Only for Cops and Writers Podcast listeners! Get 50% off the audiobook version of the F.B.I. K-9 thriller, Avenging Adam by Jodi Burnett. Use code, https://jodi-burnett.com/copsandwriters/
Avenging Adam Audiobook by Jodi Burnett