Today on the show, we are going to the land of haggis, kilts, bagpipes, delicious ale, and the best James Bond, Sean Connery. Yes, we are going to Scotland, where we welcome back returning guest: best-selling indie superstar Author Jodi Burnett.
We join Jodi in Scotland, where she is on a solo writer’s retreat. Jodi is doing research for an upcoming novel and has completely immersed herself in the location getting the words in and soaking up the culture.
If you have ever thought of doing your own writers' retreat, you don’t want to miss this episode.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How and why, Jodi started writing.
· Jodi’s entrepreneurial spirit.
· Why she is an indie author and the benefits it has paid her.
· Jodi’s rise in the publishing world and her becoming a best-selling author.
· How Mark Dawson’s SPF Courses catapulted her career as a writer.
· The benefits of a solo writer’s retreat.
· Jodi shares her work schedule with us on her retreat.
· The good and the unpleasant surprises from her trip.
Please visit Jodi at her website to learn more about her and her books.
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
The Sitcom Study
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27
Only for Cops and Writers Podcast listeners! Get 50% off the audiobook version of the F.B.I. K-9 thriller, Avenging Adam by Jodi Burnett. Use code, https://jodi-burnett.com/copsandwriters/
Avenging Adam Audiobook by Jodi Burnett