Today on the show we have retired Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Detective and Author Danny Smith.
Danny Smith is a retired homicide detective who spent 21 years with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. In 2004 he moved to Idaho and spent the next 18 years working as a private investigator and consultant.
He is the author of the award-winning Dickie Floyd Detective Novel series, the Rich Farris Detective Novel series, and his autobiography, Nothing Left to Prove: A Law Enforcement Memoir. His blog can be found at murdermemo.com.
For those of you who want to know what it is really like to be a homicide detective in a big city, this episode is for you.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· Why Danny chose a career with the L.A. Country Sheriff’s Department.
· What academy life and equipment looked like in the early 1980s.
· The appeal of investigations for Danny.
· Danny’s life as a Homicide Detective.
· When and why, Danny started writing books.
· The unanticipated benefit of writing novels.
· How he and his department interacted with the L.A.P.D. and other law enforcement departments.
Visit Danny at his website!
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27
Only for Cops and Writers Podcast listeners! Get 50% off the audiobook version of the F.B.I. K-9 thriller, Avenging Adam by Jodi Burnett. Use code, https://jodi-burnett.com/copsandwriters/
Avenging Adam Audiobook by Jodi Burnett