Today we are traveling to Boston to chat with best-selling author and Yogi, Sara DiVello!
Sara DiVello is a true crime novelist and the creator/host of Mystery and Thriller Mavens, a popular author series and interactive Facebook group. For her weekly Mystery and Thriller Mavens live events, she has interviewed more than 300 authors, ranging from the bestselling and world-renowned (Dean Koontz, Patricia Cornwell, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, Tamron Hall, Karin Slaughter, Ruth Ware, Lisa Unger, and many more) to the buzziest debuts.
While creative and active on her own social media platforms, DiVello also serves as the director of social media strategy for the International Thriller Writers Association. Sara has appeared on CBS, ABC, and CNBC, as well as in the New York Times, Forbes, the San Francisco Chronicle, and more.
Her articles have been published in Marie Claire, Elle, Redbook, Cosmopolitan, and Woman’s Day, among others. Her highly anticipated novel, Broadway Butterfly is launching on August 1st.
Sara is passionate about all things books (especially mysteries and thrillers), the craft of writing, and connecting readers to their favorite authors, as well as introducing them to their new discoveries.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· Best practices for authors using social media to boost their author brand and why they need to be active on the platforms.
· What fifteen years as a PR director in a large corporation taught her about marketing and how this knowledge has transferred to book marketing.
· The benefits of promoting other author’s work.
· Common mistakes authors make with social media and marketing.
· Mystery Thriller Mavens.
· What inspired Sara to write Broadway Butterfly.
· Her love of Yoga and the benefits of exercise for writers!
· Her new podcast that is coming soon. Yes Sara, you need to create a podcast!The Sitcom Study
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27
Only for Cops and Writers Podcast listeners! Get 50% off the audiobook version of the F.B.I. K-9 thriller, Avenging Adam by Jodi Burnett. Use code, https://jodi-burnett.com/copsandwriters/
Avenging Adam Audiobook by Jodi Burnett