Thank you for joining us today for episode one of a special two-part interview with retired FBI Special Agent Kyle Vowinkel.
Kyle Vowinkel dedicated 33 years of service to his country as an FBI Special Agent, U.S. Army officer, and West Point graduate. He has significant leadership experience as an FBI senior executive who served at multiple FBI offices and retired as Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) in Miami.
Prior to ASAC, he served on two unique U.S. national assets – the FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) and the U.S. government’s negotiation arm, the Crisis Negotiation Unit (CNU).
The FBI sent him to over twenty countries, including China, Qatar, Kenya, South Korea, and Peru. He deployed as a tactical operator on HRT on hundreds of high-risk missions domestically as well as overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan. At CNU he negotiated with kidnappers, pirates, and terrorists. He has deployed to several high-profile situations, including the Boston Marathon bomber, where he convinced him to give up peacefully. He led the negotiation that resulted in the successful rescue of the five-year-old boy known as the “boy in the bunker.”
In today’s episode we discuss:
· Kyle’s appointment to West Point Military Academy.
· His motivations to become an officer in the United States Army and the impact that had on his future in law enforcement.
· How he dealt with adversity and became a member of the elite FBI Hostage Rescue Team (HRT).
· Best practices to prepare yourself to become a member of the HRT.
· Kyle’s oversea deployments to over twenty different countries with the FBI.
· Kyle joining the FBI Crisis Negotiation Unit (CNU).
· Negotiating with kidnappers, pirates, and terrorists.
· Working in concert with local law enforcement during a crisis situation.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Check out Kyle's LinkedIn page!
Head over to Kyle's website!
Kyle being interviewed by Jerry Williams on her podcast!
My interview with Gary Noesner!
Come join the sarge and RJ Beam at the 2023 Cops and Writers Interactive Conference (Cop Camp) June 1-4, 2023 at the Fox Valley Police Academy in
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27
Only for Cops and Writers Podcast listeners! Get 50% off the audiobook version of the F.B.I. K-9 thriller, Avenging Adam by Jodi Burnett. Use code, https://jodi-burnett.com/copsandwriters/
Support the show