On today’s show, we have author, non-verbal communications expert, and former Police Officer Sean Grogan!
Sean Grogan is a former special investigations detective that spent his career with the Woodbridge, N.J. Police Department. Besides spending most of his career in the narcotics unit as a detective, he was also a K-9 handler and gang investigator.
Sean has traveled to Europe for advanced training in facial expressions and other non-verbal communication. Sean has also been certified as a trainer for the Body Language Institute in Alexandria, Virginia.
Traveling throughout the United States since 2019, Sean provides training to law enforcement on non-verbal communication, giving detectives, officers, investigators, and agents the advanced skills that can be used in a variety of settings. Sean’s classes include ‘Unmasking Hidden Facial Expressions’ & ‘Body Language for Law Enforcement.
His book, Beware the Body, gives insight into aggression and aggression detection by utilizing body language.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· Sean's time in Marine Corps Boot Camp on Parris Island during 9/11.
· Why he became a police officer.
· The job of being a K9 police officer and utilization of K9s in police work.
· His book, “Beware The Body”, Gavin DE Becker's “The Gift of Fear”, and Patrick Van Horne and Shawn Coyle’s book, “Left of Bang.”
· Micro and macro facial expressions.
· Common examples of body language.
· When to use and not use non-verbal communication skills with family and friends.
· Are the eyes really the window to a person's soul?
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Come on over to Sean's website to learn more about his work.
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Consider buying me a coffee :-)
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance? You’ve come to the right series!
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Book one, Field Training, and two, Probation, are now live, and book three, Choir Practice, is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase February 10, 2023. Exclusively on Amazon!Support the show