My guest on the show today is Author and Crime Scene Investigator, Donna Jaconi.
Officer Jaconi had a distinguished career for 29 years with the City of Philadelphia Police Department. Starting as a fingerprint technician and then being accepted to the police academy. She worked patrol and got her experience on the streets of Philly. Officer Jaconi worked the majority of her career in the Crime Scene Unit. Officer Jaconi has worked the most notorious crime scenes, including processing over 1,000 homicide scenes.
Now retired, she has written the book, “Out of the Darkness: A story of a CSI officer's journey with murder, love, and compassion.”
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How she got her start in the Philadelphia Police Department.
· The special training required for crime scene investigators.
· The job of CSI at crime scenes, specifically homicide, sexual assault, and robbery.
· How she dealt with the horrors she saw on the street on a regular basis.
· The biggest C.S.I. misconceptions on T.V. and Movies.
· Testing for gunshot residue and the use of Luminol.
· How C.S.I.’s package evidence in specific ways.
· Her book, “Out of the Darkness: A story of a CSI officer’s journey with murder, love, and compassion.”
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Donna on Facebook.
Check out Donna on Liberty Hill Publishing.
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Consider buying me a coffee :-)
Join the Cops and Writers Interactive Conference, also known as Cop Camp, for a hands-on experience with law enforcement training tools and experts in the publishing and law enforcement industries.
Visit https://www.premeditatedfiction.com/copcamp2023 to register and find hotel information.
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance?
I have partnered up with Michael Anderle and we have released a new crime fiction series called “Brew City Blues.”
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Brew City Blues is now live! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLR7FX27Support the show