My guest today is Gary Edgington. I wanted to give a special thank you to Gary who shared the story of his own father who was a police officer, being murdered in the line of duty on this day in 1979 on today’s show.
Gary's long career in law enforcement includes police officer and detective in several southern California jurisdictions, and Special Agent with the California Department of Justice where he worked on major narcotics cases, organized crime, unsolved homicide, and internal affairs. Gary also was a member of the FBI’s “Joint Terrorism Task Force” in Los Angeles. After 9/11, he was promoted to Task Force Commander and took command of a multi-agency counter-terrorism task force based in Southern California for the California Department of Justice.
Post-retirement life sent him to Iraq, where he was an advisor for the United States Army.
He now works in the private sector and has recently published the book, "Outside the Wire."
In today’s episode we discuss:
· The impact of his father being killed in the line of duty when he was only three weeks into the L.A. County Sheriff’s Academy as a recruit.
· His experience working as a detective in the Beverly Hills Police Department.
· Being an investigator for the L.A. County D.A.’s office.
· His job as a special agent for the Department of Justice, including the O.J. trial.
· Him working, among other things I.A.D.
· The pros and cons of body-worn cameras.
· Gary working with the F.B.I. on the Joint Terrorism Task Force.
· The biggest terrorist threat to the United States today.
· His author career, including his debut novel, “Outside the Wire.”
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Gary's website, which has links to his social media and books!
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Consider buying me a coffee :-)
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor? You’ve come to the right series!
Book one of Brew City Blues, Field Training, is now live and book two, Probation is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase on December 30, 2022, only on Amazon!