Today’s show is going to the dogs! My guests on the show today are award-winning best-selling authors who weave K-9s into their stories, Jodi Burnett and Kathleen Donnelly.
Award-winning author Kathleen Donnelly has been a handler for Sherlock Hounds Detection Canines—a Colorado-based narcotics K-9 company—since 2005. She loves crafting realism into her fictional stories from her dog-handling experience. She has a B.A. in Journalism from Colorado State University and formerly wrote for The Berthoud Weekly Surveyor where she won a Colorado Press Award.
Jodi Burnett is a best-selling indie superstar author with over twelve books published in a little over two years, earning her over six figures a year! Jodi treats her author career as a business, and that is paying dividends for her.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· The importance of professional, eye-appealing author websites and book covers.
· Why Jodi is a self-published author and the advantages and disadvantages of being an indie.
· Why Kathleen is a traditionally published author and the advantages and disadvantages of this author path.
· Why people are drawn to stories with dogs in them.
· How they researched the utilization of K-9s in law enforcement.
· Best advice for authors who are writing stories about dogs or have them as characters in their books.
· Kathleen’s Sherlock Hounds K-9 Detection service.
· The pros of attending author conventions.
· Their writing tips, tools, and routines.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Jodi on her website!
Check out Jodi's Amazon Author Page.
Check out episode #45 Of the Cops and Writers Show with Jodi Burnett
Check out Kathleen's author website!
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Consider buying me a coffee :-)
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor? You’ve come to the right series!
Book one of Brew City Blues, Field Training, is now live and book two, Probation is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase on December 30, 2022, only on Amazon!