On today’s show, I will interview Gavy Friedson. Gavy is a Global Ambassador to United Hatzalah Israel. These motorcycle ambulances can reach people in need in 90 seconds to 3 minutes.
Gavriel Friedson has been saving lives since the age of fifteen. Over the course of nineteen years on the job, Friedson has distinguished himself through over 10,000 emergency calls. He has been the first medic on the scene at several terrorist attacks during his years as a first responder.
Gavriel has been to several disasters to provide humanitarian aid, including hurricanes Harvey and Irma. In 2022, he assisted with medical rescue flights helping evacuate Ukrainian refugees to Israel.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· How he helped deliver his math teacher's baby at age fifteen.
· School life in Israel, including their safety measures and having to learn a new language.
· What life in a country that is in a constant state of war is really like. The answer may surprise you.
· The many advantages of post-high school mandatory service.
· The idea of using motorcycles, A.T.V.’s, and boats to respond to medical emergencies in 90 seconds to 3 minutes, compared to the traditional ambulances that could take 20 minutes to respond saving countless lives.
· Why a country that is in a constant state of war has record low P.T.S.D. numbers in their soldiers and first responders.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Check out United Hatzalah's website!
Check out some YouTube videos with Gavy and United Hatzalah
More YouTube videos of Gavy and United Hatzalah in Ukraine
Even More YouTube videos
One more YouTube video!
My interview with Jack Carr on the Cops and Writers Podcast
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group