Welcome back to part two of my interview with former Operations Officer of the CIA, Ric Prado!
My guest on the show today is New York Times Bestselling Author and retired Operations Officer of the Central Intelligence Agency Enrique “Ric” Prado. Mr. Prado is a twenty-four-year veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency where he served as an Operations Officer in six overseas posts.
Mr. Prado spent his first ten years at CIA as a paramilitary officer in Special Operations Group/Special Activities Division (SOG/SAD, Ground Branch), the CIA’s “special operations force.” His service included 36 months in Central American jungles as the first CIA officer living in the anti-Sandinista “Contra” camps. Subsequently running counterterrorism/insurgency operations in Latin America and in the Philippines.
Cuban born and immigrating solo to the US at 10 - which landed him in an orphanage in Pueblo, Colorado - “Ric” inherited early on a “debt of honor” to the USA. Thus, he volunteered for military service at 20. Ric joined the US Air Force elite Pararescue Teams P.J.’s.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· Tradecraft and situational awareness. How average citizens can stay safe following some basic concepts.
· Coopers Scale.
· How to not get caught by the enemy, and what to do if you are.
· Pre and post 9/11 and how it changed our nation and how the intelligence community conducted their business.
· Communication between the FBI and CIA.
· Why Ric wrote the book Black Ops and how it has changed him and others.
· Why Ric’s book, Black Ops should be required reading for high school and college students today.
· Our biggest threats to the United States today.
· Why socialism is the mask of communism.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Check out Part One of my interview with Ric!
Visit Ric Prado's website to learn more about him and his book, Black Ops.
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
If you are a new author and are wondering how to maximize sales or you are a published author who wants to elevate your author career, check out Self Publishing 101 and Mark Dawson's Ads for Authors!
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance? You’ve come to the right series!
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Book one, Field Training, and two, Probation, are now live, and book three, Choir Practice, is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase February 10, 2023. Exclusively on Amazon!Support the show