On today’s show, it is my pleasure to be joined once again by the writer of Cold War military aviation thrillers, The Final Flight and Dark Flight, James Blatch!
Many of you know James from the Self-Publishing Show Podcast that he co-hosts with Mark Dawson. He is also partnered up with Mark Dawson for the Self Publishing Formula (SPF) which includes free writer resources and guides and the wildly popular courses for writers, Self Publishing 101 and Mark Dawson’s Ads for Authors.
James and I had a lot of fun with this interview! I hope you guys enjoy this episode.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· How his mother and father were in the Royal Air Force and how it influenced him growing up and his writing.
· His first book, The Final Flight, and how it changed or didn’t change his life.
· The power of emotion in your story and characters.
· The challenges of writing his latest book, Dark Flight, and how he overcame them.
· What works and doesn’t work in book marketing, including TikTok, and paid ads on Amazon and Facebook.
· The importance of audiobooks.
· What’s in the future for SPF and James Blatch.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Learn more about James Blatch and buy his books on his website!
Listen or watch the Self Publishing Show
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
If you are a new author and are wondering how to maximize sales or you are a published author who wants to elevate your author career, check out Self Publishing 101 and Mark Dawson's Ads for Authors!