Is there a doctor in the house? There is today on the Cops and Writers Podcast. It was my pleasure to interview Dr. Mark Rhyner.
Dr. Rhyner earned his degree in medicine from the Medical College of Wisconsin and completed his residency at Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Milwaukee, where he served as co-chief resident. He is board certified in family medicine and was named a “top doctor” by Milwaukee Magazine, and he has been my family doctor for over twenty years.
For more than twenty years, I have trusted the good doctor with my family and my own health. He is one of the best in the business.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· Dr. Rhyner’s path to becoming a doctor.
· What education and training are required to become a doctor?
· What medical school was really like.
· The unique health problems and challenges police officers and other first responders have in common and how the good doctor treats them.
· How Dr. Rhyner breaks bad news and how he deals with the eventual death of some of his patience.
· The importance of preventative medicine.
· Alternative medicine, such as chiropractic and acupuncture.
· How you can be a better consumer and advocate for yourself when dealing with your healthcare.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Check out Dr. Rhyner's favorite books; Thinking, Fast and Slow and Discourse on the Method
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor? You’ve come to the right series!
Book one of Brew City Blues, Field Training, is now live and book two, Probation is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase on December 30, 2022, only on Amazon!