Today we are traveling to sunny Florida where I speak with Author, Actor, Stand-Up Comic, and (retired) Los Angles Country Sheriff Sergeant Cliff Yates.
Cliff Yates spent 35 years as a police officer from upstate New York to Los Angeles. For 25 years he was a cop by day and comedian by night. After being featured on a local Los Angeles tv show, he became known as L.A’s Comedy Cop. He has produced comedy specials at the Hollywood Palladium, Roxy on Sunset, and the El Portal theatre in North Hollywood. Cliff is also an author of self-help and other books.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How Cliff started his career in law enforcement.
· What it was like growing up in a police family, especially having your dad as the chief of police in the town you lived in.
· Cliff’s journey from being a sheriff deputy in a small county, to becoming a sheriff deputy in Los Angles.
· How Cliff’s Book, “Deputy” is a must for those writers who want to get a peek inside the life of a big city cop.
· What it was like having a spouse being a sheriff’s deputy.
· His career as a stand-up comic.
· His successful transition to civilian life.
· Cliff embracing the stoic philosophy and his infectious passion for life.
· The importance of diet and exercise.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Discover more about Cliff and his books on his website.
Check out Cliff's YouTube channel.
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group