Today’s episode takes us to sunny California where I chat with a man of many talents, Ryan Burke.
Does Ryan's voice sound familiar to you? It should, he is the voice of the introduction to this podcast and the narrator for one of my Cops and Writers audiobooks.
Ryan Burke is Canadian; his parents and extended family are Australian, and he lives in America pursuing a career in entertainment. His eclectic background is reflected by his career. Having worked in both Canada and the US as an actor, producer, and stuntman he is now working in VO and Audiobooks.
During his years of study abroad he has earned both a BFA from the American Musical and Dramatic Academy and an MBA from Argosy University. Ryan is an award-winning producer, actor and is a current top seller for Audiobooks.
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How I discovered Ryan through his performance of Chris Fox’s books.
· How his performing in high school plays and comedy later in his life paved his way to Hollywood.
· How his journey from Canada to New York, back to Canada and finally Hollywood happened.
· What a narrator, actor, director, and producer do when creating an audiobook.
· How and why, you should, or shouldn’t create your own audiobook.
· How Ryan keeps his body and voice in shape.
· What you, as an author can do to make your narrator's job easier.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Ryan at his website to learn more about him and his amazing audiobooks!
Check out Joanna Penn's book, Audio for Authors!
Enjoy the Cops and Writers book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Listen to Episode #38 of the Cops and Writers Podcast with guest Chris Fox